[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Public API for RC4 and DES

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Feb 2 18:08:00 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 05:08:46PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> would there be a problem with having both the low level 1 block and highlevel
> APIs public?

Not really, would just be a matter of ff_des_encdec -> av_des_encdec, it
just seemed a bit ugly/overkill to me.

> > I would not mind a better API, but I doubt there is much choice (except
> > making the struct structure public).
>
> i dont mind making it public if consensus is that its better and that we
> wont need to change it anytime soon

Well, for DES I would just use
uint64_t keys[3];
int 3des;

instead so I can implement 3DES whenever I have some spare time without changing it.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger