[FFmpeg-devel] a64 encoder 7th round

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Feb 2 23:50:21 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 10:49:53PM +0100, Bitbreaker/METALVOTZE wrote:
> >> Wie meinen? :-)
> >
> > its your fault ;)
>
> It really is. I had that dream of contributing to open source and
> thought it is welcome. So far i have not received much of that feeling,
> but wasted a lot of time.

your contribution is welcome. And considering that you have managed to
squeeze 5col in 2 vsyncs your time could hardly be considered wasted ...

> Still, today i got the chance to work a bit further besides all that.
> 5col loads in 2 vsyncs with prerequesting and 0x500 byte packets, as

btw, is 1280 the max packet size or is it closer to 1500 ?
i know its below 1536 as you said that already ...

> well as saving all possible loop overhead, using interleaved charset +
> tight. There are about 50 rasterlines left for jitter/sound/whatever.
> Also dithering considers now the luma difference between the colors to
> dither with.
> Source looks dirty now due to testing, as well as it got bloated up and
> allocates quite osme more memory. I'll clean it up and do colram packing
> and then reopen an 8th round when done.

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus