[FFmpeg-devel] dv_guess_dct_mode

Roman V. Shaposhnik rvs
Thu Feb 5 01:41:18 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 23:00 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Comments are welcome.
>
> see vsad_intra16_c() and ildct_cmp

Thanks, from the first glance these look exactly like what I need.
Although I'm confused about one thing: ildct_cmp is only set
in MPV_encode_init, shouldn't it be initialized for all the
codecs?

> these would need to be extended with a width=8 intra variant, arrays would
> need to be enlarged to [6] ...

What's the convention for array indexes? IOW, how's one to know that
a width=8 intra variant supposed to be @[5] ?

Also, I'm a bit confused about one thing: if I only implement
width=8 intra for vsad/vsse case and the user picks a different
class via -ildctcmp, should I just issue an error message
"non implemented" or something?

> also supporting full RD would be nice, that is encoding both and picking
> the actually better instead of some heuristic

Sure. But wouldn't that be horrendously slow?

Thanks,
Roman.