[FFmpeg-devel] lavfi state of affairs

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Thu Feb 5 23:57:42 CET 2009

On date Thursday 2009-02-05 14:28:05 -0800, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:
> On 2/5/2009 2:02 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 12:36:55PM -0800, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
[...]
> >> I asked you several times what was needed to actually _do_ this.
> >
> > cleanup the command line parsing code and submit a patch.
>
> Okey this is constructive. Stefano can you comment on this ?

Well, one of the problem is that currently in libavfilter-soc it's not
possible to select the sws_scale flags (which is possible in the
official SVN), furthermore is not possible to set the other swscale
context parameters as well.

One of the side-effects of this is that regression tests don't pass in
libavfilter-soc, but the problem here is that we need to find some way
to specify the swscale parameters (flags + filter vectors + whatever)
in the command line then pass them to the vf_scale filter.

Then I stumbled across libswscale and I'm still there (I even have a
documentation patch for it, but I don't want to post it before to have
a better grasp of it).

Related thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/20090122230630.GC621 at geppetto

Another big problem which I already mentioned in this thread is that
slicification doesn't work when converting the format, for example:
ffplay -f video4linux /dev/video -s 640x480 -vfilters  "slicify=16, format=rgb32"

doesn't work, I suspect this is related to swscale as well but I still
didn't investigated, maybe this is just a trivial problem.

[...]

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Fostering & Fundamental Moronic Peaceless Exciting Gem