[FFmpeg-devel] xvmc_render.h ---> xvmc.h

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Feb 9 02:36:56 CET 2009

Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev at gmail.com> writes:

> On 2/8/09, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm against using generic names for external stuff.
>>> If you want to rename something rename vdpau.
>>
>> vdpau was explicitly renamed from vdpau_render.h to vdpau.h.
>> The same should be done for xvmc_render.h.
>>
>> Generic names are not a problem anymore, since we require that
>> #includes should use libavcodec/ as prefix.
>
> I still oppose the change as it brings more confusion
> and have no advantages of any sort.

What information does the _render suffix add?  Can xvmc be used for
anything other than (ultimately) rendering a video to screen?  If the
suffix adds nothing, it is redundant and should be removed.

> I still recommend the reversal of vdpau change that is done
> without any significant reason.

Not going to happen.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd