[FFmpeg-devel] [RELEASE] freeze

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Feb 9 17:39:40 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 04:28:44PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> >> What purpose does halting development for 2 weeks serve?  You could
> >> just as well release svn HEAD now instead.
> >
> > Please no pointless discussions at this point.
>
> It's not really fair to have one person (that would be you) dictated
> the actions of all others.

Nobody else volunteered to be release manager.  I told beforehand what
I would do.  It's a little late to complain now.  But I don't really
care.  It takes less time to find out the result of this experiment
than to discuss all its details beforehand.

You are most welcome to lead the next release effort.

> If people want the kind of "release" this will result in, a much
> simpler solution is to set up a bi-weekly cron job creating tarball of
> HEAD from two weeks prior.  Really, it achieves the same thing.

Stop trying to drag me into pointless discussions please.

Diego