[FFmpeg-devel] [RELEASE] freeze

Roman V. Shaposhnik rvs
Mon Feb 9 18:14:31 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 17:04 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Nobody else volunteered to be release manager.
>
> Nobody else wanted a release that badly.

Which is good. People who want stuff rather badly end up
advancing the state of human civilization ;-) Now, as you
all are well aware, personally I'm in a "releases without
a really solid release management, QA and Sustaining
are pointless" camp. But I must give credit to Diego --
he's trying to change all things.

> > It's a little late to complain now.
>
> You never gave people a chance to complain.

I believe this is a crucial point here. For example, regardless
of my personal attitude towards releases, I've seen a number
of them. Good and bad. That experience seems to be worth
taking into account. I'm sure others have the very similar bits
of personal experience as well. I don't think Diego took
any of that into account.

Diego, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Roman.