[FFmpeg-devel] [RELEASE] freeze

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Feb 9 18:25:21 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:14:31AM -0800, Roman V. Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 17:04 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > > It's a little late to complain now.
> >
> > You never gave people a chance to complain.
>
> I believe this is a crucial point here. For example, regardless
> of my personal attitude towards releases, I've seen a number
> of them. Good and bad. That experience seems to be worth
> taking into account. I'm sure others have the very similar bits
> of personal experience as well. I don't think Diego took
> any of that into account.

What I took into account are my experiences with MPlayer releases and
the attitude towards releases some people have around here.  IMO clearly
the biggest detractor is bickering and bikeshed discussions.  It's also
what I think discouraged and demotivated such efforts in the past.

Thus my main effort is focussed on avoiding these distractions.
So far it's going fairly well, but somebody always seems to find an
opportunity to derail the effort...

Diego