[FFmpeg-devel] About xvmc_acceleration

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Fri Feb 13 10:30:00 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 09:59:04AM +0100, Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
> Is some xvmc_acceleration different than 2 used nowadays? I wonder because
> I'd like to replace xvmc_acceleration by an hwaccel_id = {HWACCEL_ID_NONE,
> HWACCEL_ID_XVMC, HWACCEL_ID_VAAPI, ...}.

What exactly would be the purpose of this?
I do not like having a global, user modifiable variable that exactly
duplicates the information in pix_fmt.
The XvMC case is just checking against two different PIX_FMTs,
the codec-specific checks for VDPAU can be replaced by 1 or two pix_fmt
checks, too, and the stuff in the common code IMO would be much nicer if
it used a check against a appropriately named flag, e.g.
CODEC_FLAG_SKIP_DECODE (actually this should be used in the codec
specific parts, too, where it is appropriate).
Admittedly that assumes that the different API will mostly need to skip
mostly the same parts of the code, and mostly the codec-specific packing
into AVFrames/slices will need to differ between the APIs.