[FFmpeg-devel] Roundup being migrated

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sat Feb 14 00:32:59 CET 2009

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:11:34PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> i didnt say you are incompetent, rather someone clearly is.
>> Well IF I had moved everything when I started setting it up on the other
>> site and IF I hadn't wait to the last to make the switch probably you
>> wouldn't notice the issue at all... Well I got sidetracked by real life
>> commitments this week =|
>>
>>> how much data would be lost? if its just a few entries someone could copy
>>> and paste them from the ML / resend
>> The current update state of roundup is the following:
>>
>> - the website part of roundup has been setup by Feb 3 (including db
>> dump), here is my fault not automatically syncing it from that time...
>> - the mail integration hadn't been done yet but I could get it working
>> tomorrow for sure.
>> - roundup is currently live and usable from web
>
> so people can add new bug reports?

Shouldn't since the mail gateway isn't configured yet it but I'll lock
it now to be sure.

> if so what will happen when you again get access to the old db? can it be
> merged in at all?

I should be possible to merge it but since there are just 115 messages
and we have it in email I'll try to get them in somehow.

> It is VERY important that issue numbers do not change from what they where
> before, besides the confusion, any reply to an old issue via mail/ML will
> let hell loose if the issue numbers changed ..

Right.

> IMO the most important thing now is to avoid further damage. And i do not
> think roundup can easyily be put back online before all past data has
> been included be that via getting access to the db or via manually reentering
> issues

I'll lock it down now, I'll try to recover everything from the mailing
list or from the db tomorrow. Hopefully by tomorrow morning we'll have
it back.

lu

--

Luca Barbato