[FFmpeg-devel] incoming clean up and diskspace

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Feb 14 22:31:24 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 04:06:58PM -0500, compn wrote:

> >> No information at all.
> >
> >Removed.
> >
> >I don't remember why I put it there in the first place, and if I happen
> >to find or remember why later, I can always reupload...with a text file
> >next time. :)
>
> i propose we make every roundup dev review each issue he fixed
> and note if he wants the sample file kept or deleted.

id like to keep all files for issues i fixed unless they are really big
its like keeping all issues themselfs or keeping all commits, its part
of the history and its hard to predict what will never b needed again

maybe finding a place different from mphq for it might solve this?
incoming does not need the high reliability of mphq and the work
needed for some suggestions here is just in no relation to the gain,
i mean if someone wants to go over the files or his files thats fine
but asking every dev to go over every file in every issue he fixed is
asking devs to do alot of work while its not clear what the gain would
be.

PS: iam not against asking devs to mention if they want to keep a sample
when they close an issue but going over all past issues is just too
much work, its better if people fix more issues ...

I have often repented speaking, but never of holding my tongue.
-- Xenocrates