[FFmpeg-devel] Roundup being migrated

Mike Melanson mike
Sun Feb 15 04:26:24 CET 2009

Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 21:43:32 +0100
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>
>>> To fulfill my trolling duty:
>>>
>>> Why roundup is not on mphq?
>> avoid single point of failure ...
>> besides i dont know if root at mphq would allow roundup security wise
>
> Two reasons:
>
> 1) Nobody provided us with an security review
> 2) root had it's hand full with a lot of other
> tasks on natsuki and couldnt take on another task
> just because someone had a bright idea.
>
> BTW: There are 200MB free space left on incomming.
> I think you want to help Ivo to clean it up/sort it out.

I wonder about putting it on the "other server" in our community-- mine.
At first (when we were first using Roundup), I didn't want to volunteer
my resources. But I looked at Roundup's requirements and it doesn't seem
too arduous (Python with a functioning anydbm module-- wow, it doesn't
use an RDBMS backend?).

Luca: Would it be worthwhile to pursue moving FFmpeg's roundup to
multimedia.cx? It sounds like my provider has slightly higher availability.

--
     -Mike Melanson