[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg bug fixing event starts today!!!

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sun Feb 15 11:05:37 CET 2009

2009/2/15 Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com>:
> Robert Swain wrote:
>> Today is the beginning of what I believe is our first bug fixing (and
>> documentation) event.
>
> Were any bug fixed yet ?

I made a patch for AAC to support arbitrary sample rates but we don't
have a sample and none of the encoders we know of can make such a file
so it will have to wait until we find one. I spent the rest of the day
working on the website.

Kostya has made PPC regressions pass. IIRC he fixed a lot of issues
but two Altivec functions will need rewriting to be bit-exact.

A few other commits came from Stefano, Peter and Michael but I don't
know if they were related to the event or just them continuing
business as usual.

Unfortunately I think the event has so far mostly been a failure
because of this silly duel being a distraction and initially for
roundup being offline. Roundup is online now but will be read only
until Monday.

Come on people, let's make this event successful, please find some
bugs that catch your eye on the tracker and fix them!

Best regards,
Rob