[FFmpeg-devel] Roundup being migrated

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Feb 15 13:04:51 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 07:00:41PM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Attila Kinali wrote:

> >> i can donate 50 euro for a new disk, seems a
> >> Samsung SpinPoint F1 640gb costs 53,33 for example (just a random
> >> pick ...)
> >
> > As i already said a few times, diskspace is not a problem.
> > We've more than enough unallocated disk space (around 190GB).
> > It's a matter of a few minutes to increase the partition size.
> > But what i dont want is an ever increasing mess of files nobody knows
> > what to do with. Or to put it in other words: one forth
> > of the files on the partition on which the samples collection
> > resides is occupied by incomming.
> >
> > I dont have a problem with keeping all the files, but they
> > should be sorted in a way that allows people to figure
> > out what they are good for and can find them easily.
>
> Do I have crontab privileges on mphq? (Checking... 'crontab -e' works).
> I should be able to come up with an automated monitoring solution for
> /incoming. I'm thinking of something along the lines of:
>
> * initialize database of all files in incoming/, along with their timestamps
>
> run a script every 24 hours that will:
>
> * traverse incoming/ tree for all files
> * add new files and their timestamps to the database
> * send email (to me, perhaps to a separate mailing list of interested

an ML would be good
but for what do you need a db?

find incoming/ -newerct '2009-02-10' ! -newerct '2009-02-11'

will find the files created on that day
just replace the 2 dates by the current day and previous day, and make
sure that the scrip doesnt run close to midnight and make sure the times
dont contain hour/min/sec so they arent dependant on the exact running time

really, just a 2 line script and it would be great if you put that on mphq
a db would be overkill though IMHO

There will always be a question for which you do not know the correct awnser.