[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg.org clean up

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Feb 17 00:02:18 CET 2009

lOn Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:33:46PM +0100, Vitor Sessak wrote:
> Mike Melanson wrote:
>> Vitor Sessak wrote:
>>> I have some experience with gnuplot, so if you send me a link to an
>>> example of how do you want your graphs to look and I can give it a try.
>> I painstakingly extracted some data from the FATE database:
>> http://fate.multimedia.cx/rough-data/
>> Work with those CSV files. Impress me.
>
> I'm going to sleep soon, but I did a quick try. I've did picked the most
> complex one, the stderr/stdout lines, that have two different scales.
>
> But I have to admit I'm so used to gnuplot graphs that I don't find so ugly
> its defaults, so I don't know what you others devs will think about it...
>
> -Vitor

> set xtics 16400, 200
> set key bottom
> set grid noxtics ytics
> set y2tics
> set yrange [1300:1400]
> set y2range [1920:1960]
> set ylabel "stdout lines"
> set y2label "stderr lines"
> set xlabel "SVN revision"
> set size ratio 1./1.6
> set terminal svg
> set output "/tmp/out.svg"
> plot []  "stdlc-2.95.3.csv" pt 7 ps .5 lt 1 t "# lines stdout", "stdlc-2.95.3.csv" us 1:($3/10) axis x1y2 pt 5 ps .5 lt 2 t "# lines stderr"

this fails as many browsers will not display svg
and it fails as you hardcoded the ranges, its supposed to work automatically
after all ...
heres my suggestion

set size ratio 1./1.6 ; set term svg ; set output '|convert - test.gif' ; set key bottom ; set ylabel "stdout lines" ; set y2label "stderr lines" ; set xlabel "SVN revision" ; set ytics autofreq tc rgbcolor 'red' ; set y2tics autofreq tc rgbcolor 'green' ; set grid xtics ytics y2tics lc rgbcolor '#E0E0E0' ; plot 'stdlc-2.95.3.csv' using 1:2 with points pt 7 ps 0.2 axis x1y1 title 'stdout', 'stdlc-2.95.3.csv' using 1:3 with points pt 7 ps 0.2 axis x1y2 title 'stderr'

and s/;/\n/g ;)

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision
of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet
notwithstanding go out to meet it. -- Thucydides