[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Windows issues with av_destruct_packet_nofree

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Wed Feb 18 18:48:16 CET 2009

Hi guys,

On 2/18/2009 9:45 AM, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

>>> For the record, such behaviour with respect to comparing function
>>> addresses is in violation of the C standard.
>> Nevertheless workarounds were already discussed, I thought we mostly
>> agreed the current code is ugly - I forgot what happened then though...
>
> Yes, I remember the discussions.  The symptom that time was memory
> leaks when using bitstream filters with shared libs.

I confirm, the problem is caused by the use of bsymbolic
However it is difficult to fix it without breaking API last time I
tried, maybe I overlooked though.

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no