[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Windows issues with av_destruct_packet_nofree

Art Clarke aclarke
Wed Feb 18 18:53:37 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Baptiste Coudurier <
baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> wrote:

> I confirm, the problem is caused by the use of bsymbolic
> However it is difficult to fix it without breaking API last time I
> tried, maybe I overlooked though.

I think it's impossible to 'fix' without breaking the API; hence my
suggestion of just adding a comment warning users.

However (see option 4 in my original e-mail), it might be a good idea to
move av_destruct_packet_nofree to an internal-only method and deprecate it.
It causes more trouble than it's probably worth externally, and setting
destruct = 0 has (close to) the same effect.

If folks think that's the right way, I can submit a patch.

- Art

--
http://www.xuggle.com/
xu?ggle (z?' gl) v. To freely encode, decode, and experience audio and

Use Xuggle to get the power of FFMPEG in Java.