[FFmpeg-devel] Issue803: libmp3lame: output buffer too small

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Feb 20 13:12:59 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 09:48:15AM +0100, Marc Mason wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This patch was sent to ffmpeg-user by Yuriy Kaminskiy.
> It is supposed to address issue 803.
> http://roundup.ffmpeg.org/roundup/ffmpeg/issue803
>
> --
> Regards.

> From: Yuriy Kaminskiy <yumkam at mail.ru>
> To: ffmpeg-user at mplayerhq.hu
> Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 20:14:45 +0300
> Subject: [FFmpeg-user] [patch] Re: Issue803: libmp3lame: output buffer too
> 	small
>
> Andrea Barbieri wrote:
>> the generic error actually means "output buffer too small" so
>> libavcodec/libmp3lame.c should be capable of handling such error
>> condition and recover.
> Yup. I've looked into traces and code, and think that problem is ffmpeg
> calls lame_encode_flush() multiple times, and newer lame doesn't like that
> (it adds new frame(s) each time, and eventually overflows buffer space).
> With attached patch it seems work nice with lame-3.98.2 (still, this may be
> lame bug, don't know).

rejected
"may be a lame bug" is not enough, either it is n which case lame needs fixing
or its not a bug in the lame code in which case the docs of lame need to be
fixed

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf