[FFmpeg-devel] Samples Collection Reorganisation

Ivo ivop
Fri Jan 9 00:32:49 CET 2009

Hi all,

Currently I am in the process of reorganising the mess that is our incoming
ftp-directory in order to get them properly archived. I noticed this caused
some confusion earlier today and somebody was asked to upload a file again
that was already there. To avoid such confusion in the future, here's some
information on where to find files while I am preparing them for
batch-archiving:

* Files uploaded in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 are in their respective
directories named after the year itself. Either the one that's marked
ready-for-archive or the other one if it's not sorted out yet (i.e. a text
file accompanying foo.avi has to be called foo.txt, removing dupes, et
cetera).

* Files related to FFmpeg roundup issues and marked as such (i.e. either the
directory or the filename contains the issue number) are in the issues
directory under ffmpeg.

* Files related to MPlayer's bugzilla and marked as such are under
issues/mplayer.

Note that this _only_ concerns the incoming directory. I have not touched
the current samples collection and won't until everything in incoming is
sorted out and decently archived.

HTH,
--Ivo