[FFmpeg-devel] Possible bug in av_dup_packet()?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sat Jan 10 10:45:07 CET 2009

Hi Carl Eugen,

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Luca Abeni <lucabe72 <at> email.it> writes:
>
>> while working on different issues (support for v4l2 compressed
>> devices), I noticed a strange behaviour in av_dup_packet():
>> it seems to me that this function assumes that if
>> pkt->destruct != av_destruct_packet then it is not necessary
>> to call the destruct method (in fact, in this case the value
>> of pkt->destruct is overwritten).
>
> Is this possibly related to issue507?

Wow... I forgot about that issue... Anyway, yes, I think it is likely
the same issue. So, I think there is a good probability that issue 507
is now solved ;-)

Can anyone check?

			Thanks,
				Luca