[FFmpeg-devel] Command-line parameters usedtoo latefor has_codec_parameters()

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Fri Jan 16 14:37:55 CET 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Alexandre FERRIEUX -
FT/RD/SIRP/ASF/SOFTL <alexandre.ferrieux at orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:
> Then, ffmpeg is unable to avoid the read-in-memory of a full GOP at the
> beginning ?

In utils.c, you can modify this line:

/* absolute maximum size we read until we abort */
#define MAX_READ_SIZE        5000000

5MB isn't that crazy, even embedded devices have that, and you can
modify it to a smaller value if time is a strict concern, for now.

Then again, maybe for the future it'd be nice to have a "time-based
timeout" in av_find_streaminfo() also, especially for network streams.
5MB on an audio/videostream (64+16kbps = 80kbps = 10kB/s = 500 seconds
= 8 1/2 minutes) if the video works but the audio codec isn't known is
kind of long.

Ronald