[FFmpeg-devel] eval lavfi filter

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Tue Jan 20 09:15:23 CET 2009

On date Monday 2009-01-19 21:04:13 -0800, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > slow and funny filter for libavfilter, enjoy ;-).
> >

> I see you seems to spend some time filters, this is nice :>
> How is the situation, concerning full integration in svn ?
> How useable the filters are ? I mean the situation seems to work for
> you, and in many way it seems to be at least better than the current
> vhook implementation. What's left for the merge ?

The main issues is to fix the regression tests for ffmpeg, YUV tests
seem to break regression, I still didn't investigate on it, mainly
because I'm lazy and write filters is so much fun ;-).

For the rest I think lavfi is infinitely better than VHOOK, there are
still some problems to be addressed (e.g. variable-size support,
request-frame slicification) but nothing which can't be postponed to
the FFmpeg SVN integration.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Free Fierce Mean Pitiful Epic God