[FFmpeg-devel] eval lavfi filter

Víctor Paesa wzrlpy
Tue Jan 20 09:37:21 CET 2009

Hi,

Stefano Sabatini said:
> On date Monday 2009-01-19 21:04:13 -0800, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:
>> Hi Stefano,
>>
>> Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > slow and funny filter for libavfilter, enjoy ;-).
>> >

>> I see you seems to spend some time filters, this is nice :>
>> How is the situation, concerning full integration in svn ?
>> How useable the filters are ? I mean the situation seems to work for
>> you, and in many way it seems to be at least better than the current
>> vhook implementation. What's left for the merge ?
>
> The main issues is to fix the regression tests for ffmpeg, YUV tests
> seem to break regression, I still didn't investigate on it, mainly
> because I'm lazy and write filters is so much fun ;-).
>
> For the rest I think lavfi is infinitely better than VHOOK, there are
> still some problems to be addressed (e.g. variable-size support,
> request-frame slicification) but nothing which can't be postponed to the
> FFmpeg SVN integration.

There is also a problem for filters that remove frames, as ffmpeg
uses/expects the fps of the input video (instead of the filtered one) and
generates duplicated frames to reach that.

For example, if input.avi has 25fps, then output.avi will also have
25fps, despite the fps filter:

ffmpeg -i input.avi -vfilters 'fps=1' output.avi

Regards,
V?ctor