[FFmpeg-devel] Timestamp issues in live RTP->mpegts bridges

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Jan 20 16:14:30 CET 2009

Alexandre FERRIEUX - FT/RD/SIRP/ASF/SOFTL wrote:
[...]
> Talking about the h263/h263p differences, I noticed that though my
> sending device (a mobile phone) sends an H263+ flow, I could only read
> it correctly with an H263 SDP. That is, the following SDP works:
>
> 	m=video 6000 RTP/AVP 96
> 	a=rtpmap:96 H263
>
> while the following doesn't:
>
> 	m=video 6000 RTP/AVP 96
> 	a=rtpmap:96 H263-1998/90000
>
> (with or without the /90000)

I do not know your current patch, but there probably is some problem
in setting the correct codec ID with the H263-1998 payload type.

> Similarly, on the output side, with the patch posted earlier I am able
> to stream "-vcodec h263" (forcing the payload to 96 instead of 34) and
> the device displays it perfectly, while "-vcodec h263p" is not displayed.

This patch should be able to support both H.263 and H.263+ ;-)
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/libav-user/2009-January/002208.html

				Luca