[FFmpeg-devel] mpeg2ts/udp --> broken display by set-top-box

Måns Rullgård mans
Thu Jan 22 02:53:23 CET 2009

Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Well, if the generated TS plays fine, this might indicate the TS is
>>>  somehow correct.
>>
>> The TS playing on a PC means very little.
>
> This is not false, however it seems VLC cares about the PCR and screws
> the playback when something is wrong with it.

Nit: VLC screws up playback when *it* thinks something is wrong with
the PCR.

>> It could still be overflowing buffers on the STB.
>
> Yes, probably.

It could be worthwhile testing with a video-only stream.  This should
be much less sensitive to muxing irregularities.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com