[FFmpeg-devel] FOMS 2009 FFmpeg outbrief

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Thu Jan 22 17:17:17 CET 2009

M?ns Rullg?rd <mans <at> mansr.com> writes:

> >> mplayer now uses lavf mp4 demuxer by default. the only big bug i can
> >> see is that the binary svq3 and qdm2 (and probably all binary codecs)
> >> are broken (extradata problem?).
> >
> > Seeking before beginning (which is not unusual using MPlayer and
> > well supported by the mov native demuxer) does not work:
>
> I don't see how such an operation could possibly work.  It could
> fail in a number of different ways, but never actually do what was
> asked, which is a typical definition of "work".

Then please test mplayer with -demuxer mov. It (reliably) shows the first frame
of the movie and does not report problems.
-demxuer lavf often reads the whole file, decides that no recovery is possible,
prints a few errors and exits.

(If you just wanted to point out bad usage of the English language by saying
"seeking before beginning", just ignore this message.)

Carl Eugen