[FFmpeg-devel] mpeg2ts/udp --> broken display by set-top-box

Alexandre FERRIEUX - FT/RD/SIRP/ASF/SOFTL alexandre.ferrieux
Thu Jan 22 18:10:08 CET 2009

Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 09:49 +0100, Alexandre FERRIEUX -
> FT/RD/SIRP/ASF/SOFTL wrote:
> [...]
>>> Maybe setting a maxrate in the codec can help?
>> Thanks for all these hints, I will dig further.
>>
>> A few "metalevel" questions though:
>>
>> How would you rate FFmpeg's TS muxer wrt vlc's (libdvbpsi) ? Is it "just
>> as good" ?
>
> I'd say each of them has its own problems.

OK but since vlc's tsmux works with several million STBs and ffmpeg's
doesn't,  it seems one has a temporary advantage ;-)

I am not complaining or anything like that, I'm just trying to gather
all relevant info before digging...

> I think the right way to go is to finish integrating the SoC TS muxer in
> the main trunk (hint, hint ;-). You can test the SoC muxer, and maybe if
> it works well for you you can help with the integration.

Cool ! Say, did I miss something in the documentation, or is there
absolutely no hint of the existence (or reachability) of parent
directories of http://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/ , notably
http://svn.ffmpeg.org/soc/ ?

Now looking at the 'dvbmuxer' directory, there is no README/NEWS, so I
wonder:
  - what is the status ?
  - what do you mean by 'integration' ? Is it just adding the new .c's
to the Makefile/configure ? Something else ?
  - there is a .patch file but it seems older than some of the files.

TIA,

-Alex