[FFmpeg-devel] FOMS 2009 FFmpeg outbrief

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Thu Jan 22 21:33:15 CET 2009

compn wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:06:51 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:

>>> VLC also rolls their own demuxers so I guess it has some valid points.
>> Isn't this basically historic?  MPlayer also has its own set of
>> demuxers, which are simply older than the libavformat demuxers.
>> Switching demuxers now requires overcoming gravity and exchanging a
>> well-known set of bugs for an unknown set.  This set may possibly be
>> smaller, but still it may entail regressions..
>
> i think the lavf asf demuxer could be used in default by mplayer, need
> more testing.
>
> mplayer now uses lavf mp4 demuxer by default. the only big bug i can
> see is that the binary svq3 and qdm2 (and probably all binary codecs)
> are broken (extradata problem?).

Yes, it was since the beginning.
Either mplayer reconstructs full stsd to be passed to the codec, or
libavformat export full stsd in extradata, the latter has also the
advantage of exporting all informations so the user can parse them if
wanted.

Im not against the latter at all, but this requires some changes in
ffmpeg decoders to handle both formats of extradata (svq3 decoder
already expects full stsd).

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no