[FFmpeg-devel] dia, dia_size and the rest

Robert Swain robert.swain
Fri Jan 23 18:34:49 CET 2009

2009/1/23 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 03:47:44PM +0000, vmrsss wrote:
>> I have tried to use me_method hex with mpeg2video and got:
>>
>> > [mpeg2video @ 0x101005800]me_method is only allowed to be set to
>> > zero and epzs; for hex,umh,full and others see dia_size
>>
>> I suppose there are precise rules on which video codecs support which
>> motion estimation algorithms. What are they?
>
> the rule is above, what part of it is unclear?
> Do you have some suggestion how to make it clearer?
> The rule is not dependant on the used codec.

I still think the patterns should not be controlled by the dia_size
variable. It seems illogical to me. Control of the pattern/algorithm
should be given to me_method and maybe dia_size should be me_size or
something.

Best Regards,
Rob