[FFmpeg-devel] FOMS 2009 FFmpeg outbrief

Robert Swain robert.swain
Mon Jan 26 18:29:56 CET 2009

2009/1/26 M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com>:
> compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:22:02 +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
>>>page is very good), because its API examples are unclear and
>>>monolithic rather than modular (I have had to implement swscale in a
>>>separate program and it took a lot of prodding and guess work to make
>>>it not crash and function properly as I had to use ffplay.c and
>>>ffmpeg.c as reference points at the time) and so on, and it has no
>>>plans to combat these issues which are significant to many quiet
>>>observers and outside users.
>>
>> an swscale howto page would fit in the wiki:
>> i wonder how many projects use the swscale code now.
>
> I've used it, and it wasn't difficult at all.

I expect you're more capable than the average developer and more in
touch with the development and API style of swscale than the vast
majority of other developers who implement swscale in their
programs/libraries.

Rob