[FFmpeg-devel] FOMS 2009 FFmpeg outbrief

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Jan 27 00:06:57 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 05:26:43PM -0500, Justin Ruggles wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 09:23:45PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
> >> - less dependency of libavformat on libavcodec would be welcome
> >
> > I agree fully, but what exactly are you thinking of?
> > There are only two dependencies I know of: AVParser (which I think is
> > unavoidable) and that extradata formats may be incompatible (theora, and
> > IMHO it is justified to blame that on Ogg-braindeadness).
>
> grep "bitstream.h" libavformat/*.c

Hm, these don't even cause a dependency in-between the compiled libs.
I was actually only thinking of the dependecies that are visible to the
programs that use libavformat, being able to install libavformat without
libavcodec is not really something I'd consider useful...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger