[FFmpeg-devel] release

Mike Melanson mike
Tue Jan 27 06:19:12 CET 2009

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> OK, how hard can it be..

That's the spirit. You know I'm in the "we need releases" camp and have
developed FATE specifically to help towards that result.

Thanks for being plan-oriented, i.e., recognizing that preparing for a
release will require a plan.

I've been reading the day's arguments about a release. Here are my thoughts:

* I know that the project leadership (Michael) has no objections to
releases, as long as volunteers step up to manage a sensible process
that won't lead to more problems.

* I know that there are people who don't care about formal releases.
That's fine. Those people can just keep doing what they're doing with
regards to FFmpeg hacking. It's valuable. Just *don't get in the way* of
those of us who are working on release planning.

:)

In short, "play your position." And releases WILL happen.

--
     -Mike Melanson