[FFmpeg-devel] release

Jai Menon jmenon86
Thu Jan 29 05:56:34 CET 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> Let's get the two biggest bikeshed topics out of the way right now:
>>
>> - release date: weekend 2009-02-21/22
>> - release name: 0.5
>>
>> There, progress, it feels so great...
>
> Awesome. No argument here. Does anyone have a reason why we shouldn't go
> with 0.5 for a release? If you do... I don't really care. :) Let's go
> with 0.5.
>
> BTW, one more pressing matter: How do we actually go about making the
> release?

I have another question to add to this. Is there some sort of "feature
freeze" or something?
Or do we just create a release branch and continue adding new stuff to
svn head (and porting
bugfixes to the release branch etc...) ?
Maybe somebody who knows about this could give a detailed overview of
what makes up the release process.

--
Regards,

Jai