[FFmpeg-devel] H.261 and H.263 RTP broken?

Martin Lindhe martin
Thu Jan 29 12:25:52 CET 2009

Alexandre FERRIEUX - FT/RD/SIRP/ASF/SOFTL wrote:
> Luca Abeni wrote:
>>
>> I heard of other people working on H.263 over RTP in the past, but noone
>> ever posted a patch (AFAIK).
>
> OK here is my little contribution. With this I correctly receive
> H263/RTP streams from a mobile phone. Forgive the naive style and
> overall bad quality, I'm a beginner with ffmpeg internals and I really
> thought somebody more knowledgeable would take over :-}

I updated your patch against HEAD and made it compile.
I can verity this patch makes H263 RTP decoding working correctly in my
scenario aswell (recieving H263 video from a SIP softphone).

The patch should be cleaned up some but it does implement what is needed
for H263 video over RTP in ffmpeg!

Great job Alexandre

Best regards
Martin Lindhe