[FFmpeg-devel] release

Ivo ivop
Thu Jan 29 15:57:12 CET 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009 15:36, Olivier Galibert wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 03:26:53PM +0100, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> > Why 0.5 ?
>
> Light green would be better though.

Well, since we do a lot with colors (images, video), we could
really 'number' the releases with (bikeshed) colors:

red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, ultraviolet, etc...

or perhaps use those for 'codenames' or funny names like MPlayer does and
debian and ubuntu and so on.

> It's just a number, dates are
> harder to remember and type, there are arguments for and against any
> way to name things, and there are more important things to take care
> about anyway.

I like M?ns' idea of just numbering them 1, 2, 3, ...

--Ivo