[FFmpeg-devel] release

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Jan 30 14:28:41 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 02:24:15PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:25:22AM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> > Le septidi 7 pluvi?se, an CCXVII, Diego Biurrun a ?crit?:
> > > Just think about it, we throw out a tarball and then we can go wild
> >
> > Does that mean that, one year from now, people still using that tarball
> > instead of the SVN head will be welcome on the mailing-lists and that
> > bugfixes will be backported?
>
> No, whoever wants to report bugs has to use the latest trunk version.

And I do not intend to maintain the release after it's done.  The crowd
was itching for a release, they shall have it.

Of course anybody is welcome to backport fixes and issue point releases
every once in a while.  I would surely support this, but do not plan to
do it myself at this point.

However, bug report shall IMO be restricted to latest trunk version.

Diego