[FFmpeg-devel] release

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Jan 30 14:41:36 CET 2009

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 02:26:39PM +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>> No, whoever wants to report bugs has to use the latest trunk version.
>> Sorry, but this makes a release completely useless...
>
> Are you volunteering to triage bugs reported against the release?

No. But I did not volunteer to make a release too ;-)

The real work with a release is not in packaging something. The real
work starts after you release...
Otherwise, here is the latest ffmpeg release:
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-export-snapshot.tar.bz2
Nect version will be released tomorrow.

> The point of a release cannot be reporting bugs against it.  What you
> say makes no sense.

The point of a release is that users are provided with something they
can use. If you release "ffmpeg v0.5" (or whatever you call it) and then
you ask people not to use it (otherwise they cannot report bugs), you
are just asking for more and more users complaining...

				Luca