[FFmpeg-devel] Updating initial dts when streamswitching and dts/pts wrap occurs

Joakim Plate elupus
Wed Jul 1 17:10:29 CEST 2009

Erik Van Grunderbeeck <erik <at> arawix.com> writes:

> That's what I am working on Joakim ;)
Yea, thought I had mentioned it before.

> Theres a few issues with the nav packets (esp in menu's, where you are not
> sure you are playing the chapter "till then end"). Issue is the dts settings
> for decoding that are used in syncing audio/video. Think I have found
> something now though, Ill see.

Hmm, why is it a problem if you don't play it to the end? nav packets show up
alot more often than chapter points. They are there just about every half
second. You should be checking every navpacket against the last to spot
discontinuity. So worst case you get a small half a second discontinutiy in
the pts.

Not sure I understand what the problem with dts is. If the demuxer never
outputs dts/pts that isn't continuous, how can you have any problems?