[FFmpeg-devel] TrueHD track in EVO not playable/testable with ffplay

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara
Wed Jul 8 01:26:42 CEST 2009

Hi all,

In attempting to track down an audio decode issue in my player
application, I wanted to test first with ffplay.  The files in
question are all EVO container with TrueHD primary audio tracks.
Unfortunately, any attempt to playback TrueHD in EVO results in:

SDL_OpenAudio: Couldn't open audio device: Device or resource busy

Note that this message is erroneous, as attempts to play back all the
other tracks in the file work properly.  One can also start playback
on the file, then toggle audio tracks with "a", which works until
landing on the TrueHD track.  As such, I am unable to conclusively
determine whether the audio issue is with my player (mythTV) or within
libav*.   This behavior is consistent in *all* my EVO files containing
TrueHD audio, approximately 80 files from HD-DVD.

I have opened a ticket for the issue:

https://roundup.ffmpeg.org/roundup/ffmpeg/issue1258

I have uploaded a sample to:

/MPlayer/incoming/EVO-TrueHD-playfail/truehdfail.evo

I would be extremely appreciative for any help.

Robert McNamara