[FFmpeg-devel] TrueHD track in EVO not playable/testable with ffplay

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jul 10 03:45:35 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 03:24:24PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> >> I suggest to keep ->channels as the coded channels and to use another field
> >> like output_channels.
> >
> > I wouldnt mind, if we wouldnt have
> > coded_width & coded_height in there
>
> This is different.  Unless I am mistaken, coded_width and coded_height
> indicate the encoded width/height of a video including any padding
> (e.g. mod-16) required by the codec but never meant to be displayed.

I think you are mistaken
if my memory doesnt fail me coded_width/height do not take the padding
into account.
width/height take lowres into account coded_widt/height do not
this can be seen in avcodec_set_dimensions()

Observe your enemies, for they first find out your faults. -- Antisthenes