[FFmpeg-devel] Fwd: Errors when getting data from RTSP source

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Jul 10 09:35:20 CEST 2009

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Stas Oskin<stas.oskin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok, so just buffering the coming packets, and re-ordering them according to
>> sequence, would do the trick?
>
> That's about as easy as it could be. Only buffer when out-of-order, of course.
>
>> Any advised details, such as how many re-ordered packets may arrive (which
>> translates, to how large such buffer/list should be)?
>
> That's the difficult part. :-). Use dyn_buf for the buffer list (part
> of lavf API), and don't make it grow too big (MBs, #packets, etc.).
> Also allow for re-requesting lost packets.

AFAIK, this is not part of standard RTP/RTCP. Before going for non-standard
things, I'd say that we should implement the standard correctly.

> RTSP-MS supports this, I'm sure others also do.

Of course, microsoft has to do things its own way... :(

			Luca