[FFmpeg-devel] Fwd: Errors when getting data from RTSP source

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Jul 10 09:38:22 CEST 2009

Stas Oskin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> That's the difficult part. :-). Use dyn_buf for the buffer list (part
>> of lavf API), and don't make it grow too big (MBs, #packets, etc.).
>

> Ok, I will try to implement this bit and see where it gets me.
> What to do in case the buffer grows too large - any way to signal RTSP to
> stop messing with them? :)

Once a packet is in the buffer for more time than expected, just deliver
it... All the previous missing packets will be considered lost (and if they
arrive later you can just discard them). The important thing for the RTSP
demuxer is to deliver packets in the right order.

				Luca