[FFmpeg-devel] Additional RTSP issues

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Jul 16 07:50:12 CEST 2009

Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/15/2009 12:06 AM, Luca Abeni wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> Maybe just taking the first X correct timestamps, then approximate
>>> backwards
>>> for the non-stamped packets?
>> Well, after receiving the first RTCP SR (and having the first reliable
>> timestamp),
>
> What about discarding packets until RTCP SR is received ?

Well, I think that this should be application's decision, and not a policy
hardcoded in the library... If we deliver all the frames to the
application (marking the ones with unreliable PTSs), it is of course free
to discard the first frames, until the PTSs become reliable.

> It is streaming, user won't care about loosing a few frames at the
> beginning but will definitely prefer having correct timestamps, like
> this thread proves.

I am with you on this... Everything the application has to do is to discard
first frames having PTS = AV_NOPTS_VALUE.

				Luca