[FFmpeg-devel] Fw: [foms] Paper submissions to LCA

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Jul 17 11:41:30 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 23:17 +1000, Peter Ross wrote:
[...]
> > [*] I think that the possibility to stream over RTP using the same code used
> > for writing audio and video to a file is actually a cool feature that shows
> > the power of the libav* framework... So, we could have a section about A/V
> > muxers and talk about RTP streaming as a "special case" of this.
>
> An easy target would be to describe the capabilities of FFmpeg works and how it
> differs to other multimedia frameworks and projects. Use cases, such as your RTP
> example, could be given to demonstrate its versitility.

Yes, I was thinking about something similar.

> I start putting pen
> to paper this weekend. Catch me on IRC.

I am not familiar with IRC, but I'll try later today or tomorrow.
BTW, how will the paper be written? Is latex ok? Can we start to decide
the basic paper structure (title, abstract, sections/subsections) so
that people will be able to fill the various sections in a second time?

			Thanks,
				Luca