[FFmpeg-devel] Fw: [foms] Paper submissions to LCA

Frank Barchard fbarchard
Fri Jul 17 12:26:59 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Frank Barchard <fbarchard <at> google.com> writes:
>
> ..disable optimization around a function, or a few lines of code.
> >  #pragma optimize("", off)
>
> I already know which function fails to compile correctly (and wrote so in
> the
> part you cut away).

pragma works on an individual line of code if you like, and sometimes help
with ICE (Internal Compiler Error) type errors.
In practice it wont have much performance impact, as long as you enable
optimization on the rest of the function/source, so if you prefer not wait
for Intel to fix the bug, you can still get valid benchmarks etc.
It also helps narrow it down for the compiler guys.
Best of luck.  I'll be interested in your results.