[FFmpeg-devel] [bug/patch] MPEG-TS muxer: PCR not in sync with PTS/DTS

Alexandre Ferrieux alexandre.ferrieux
Wed Jul 22 08:20:53 CEST 2009

Baptiste Coudurier wrote:

> The other solution is to only bump PCR and not
> writing these padding packets. However I remember reading,
> about some specs requiring these packets to be present.

I confirm that the solution works in practice for several set-top-boxes.
Even disgusting hacks like setting PCR to (DTS-offset) give a perfect
playback, provided the timing of sending of the data (over UDP) doesn't
drift from this synthetic PCR (I wrote an external spacer for that).

That's nice, because sending padding packets over IP is against common
sense ;-)

-Alex