[FFmpeg-devel] padding frames of different aspect ratios

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Fri Jul 24 00:03:54 CEST 2009

On date Thursday 2009-07-23 10:23:22 -0700, Eric Buehl encoded:
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to insert a frame of one DAR into an output frame of a
> different DAR.  As far as I can tell, there is no automatic way to compute
> the necessary padding.  Is this correct?
>
> Ideally there would be an option like "-preserve_ar" which would
> automatically add any necessary padding to keep the image in the correct
> proportion.  Would this be a desirable feature or is there a better way to
> do it?

Yes, this should be implemented in lavfi rather than in ffmpeg.c
please, implementing it in ffmpeg.c will have the effect to make lavfi
integration harder / later.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Foolish & Funny Moronic Picky Enlightened Guide