[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] the future of libamr

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sun Jun 7 21:45:15 CEST 2009

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 12:10:57PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>> Have you read through the discussion in the meantime?  Do you think the
>>> tradeoff between the benefits and drawbacks of removing libamr support
>>> is bad?  Why?
>> I'm not for feature regressions.
>
> At all costs?

Certainly not. IMHO, for libamr case, it's already there and keeping it
does not cost anything.

>> Also it might be useful in the future for people actually implementing
>> amb-wb encoding, the same way we still have libfaad wrapper.
>
> For these use cases the 0.5 branch will remain available.  Also Colin,
> the person currently working on AMR-NB decoding and encoding has clearly
> stated that he does not make use of libamr.

We are talking about AMR-WB case here, being able to use AMR-WB and
latest for the sake of reporting bug reports is far more convenient.