[FFmpeg-devel] Notice: RTMP specification is released today

Andreas Setterlind gamester17
Tue Jun 16 18:49:59 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Kostya <kostya.shishkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 04:25:43PM +0200, Andreas Setterlind wrote:
> > Again for reference; know that rtmpdump is actually a fork of the rtmp
> > library from the XBMC (linuxport branch) source code, and the source
> > code of the rtmp library in XBMC's SVN (linuxport branch) should be
> > more up-to-date than rtmpdump.
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc
>
> As a person who is implementing RTMP support in FFmpeg, I should say it
> seems to be the best thing indeed. Also I think I'll have my own RTMP
> documentation at Multimedia Wiki.

I will see about changing the source code license of those files in that
specific library from GPL to LGPL.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:50 PM, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:

> i wonder if adobe will DMCA xbmc off sourceforge like they did with
> rtmpdump?

Nope, rtmpdump contained addon scripts that could be used to download from
rtmpe streams, and XBMC does not contain such scripts, so DMCA would have
nothing to backup a such claim with when it comes to XBMC.

Best regards / Andreas Setterlind (a.k.a. Gamester17)
XBMC Project Manager
gamester17 at xbmc.org
http://xbmc.org