[FFmpeg-devel] problem opening a UDP multicast stream with av_open_input_file()

Cuneyt Taskiran ctaskiran
Fri Jun 19 00:40:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to read Multicast MPEG-2 TS data from the URI udp://
225.1.1.14:5014. However, when I try to open this location,
av_open_input_file() just hangs, without giving an error message. I learned
from this post <http://www.taoframework.com/node/665> that the address
should be written as udp://225.1.1.14?localport=5014, but that doesn't work
for me either.

When I connect to this URI with VLC, I can view the video, so it's not a
connection problem.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Cuneyt